We have been closely monitoring the Governments advice regarding Coronavirus and, in the light of the most recent guidelines, we have taken the following difficult decisions to protect the health and wellbeing of our staff, volunteers, visitors and customers.
We are also preparing a plan of action that will allow us to continue the essential care of all the animals in our care.
- Starting on Sunday 22nd March the Rescue Centre will be closed to members of the public until further notice, this sadly includes all our volunteers for the time being. This will enable our small staff team to safely continue to care for the animals currently in our care.
- Any members of the public looking to rehome animals should apply by using our online forms (which can be found here) and the centre staff will get back to you as soon as they can.
Brambles Field Hire
- Starting on Sunday 22nd March the hire of Brambles field will be closed to members of the public until further notice.
- Starting on Saturday 21st March our Charity Shops will be closed until further notice.
- Your donations of pre-loved items are absolutely essential to our charity. Please, at the moment, hold onto your items and do not leave any at our rescue centre or charity shops. We will keep our website and social media channels updated to let you know when we can start receiving these items again.
- In addition to these measures, any public events have been postponed for the time being.
- If you are in the position to make a cash donation this would help us immensely at this difficult time and can be easily done via our Facebook page or virgin money link , and if you are a UK tax payer we can also claim gift aid on this if you follow the steps here
In the meantime, stay safe and healthy,
From all at Borders Pet Rescue